Happy Holidays! Due to the holidays, applications submitted in December and January may be delayed in processing until January 30th . Please allow a 6 -8 week processing time at this time of year and contact us after this time at 980-343-5950 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.
We would like to welcome you and your child to Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools!
Please read through the information below to identify the documents required to apply. Complete all forms within this online packet in order to ensure a completed application for your child.
*Please also note that this website is optimized for IE 10.0 and higher, Safari, Chrome and Firefox.
Available for 2024-2025 School Year
Available for 2023-2024 School Year
The following documentation will need to be submitted online. You can upload any requested document as a PDF (scanned copy) or an IMAGE (photo).
It is highly encouraged that you collect the required documents and scan or take a photo of them to be prepared to upload them AFTER you apply.
Remember, applications will not be processed until all documents are received.
These Documents Need to be Uploaded AFTER you Apply to Complete Your Application:
- Proof of Name and Date of Birth (one of the following)
- your child’s birth certificate
- adoption decree
- 1st Proof of Parent/Legal Guardian's Residence in Mecklenburg County (one of the following)
- First and signature page of the current lease agreement
- Mortgage statement/deed
- 2nd Proof of Parent/Legal Guardian’s Residence in Mecklenburg County (one of these with your current address)
- Current utility bill
- Driver’s license
- Medicaid card
- Vehicle registration
- Documentation of Family Income (one of the following)
- 2021 W2, 1099 or Page 1 of your 1040 Tax form showing adjusted gross income (even if self-employed)
- 1 pay stub if paid monthly; 2 consecutive pay stubs if paid biweekly; 4 consecutive pay stubs if paid weekly; OR you may provide a dated and signed letter from your employer stating your current income and frequency of pay.
- Copies of all current court orders concerning custody and visitation (if applicable)
These Documents are Due by the First Day of School:
- Up-to-Date Immunization Record
- Current Health Assessment (completed within 12 months of the first day of school) completed on the NC Health Assessment Transmittal Form
- Proof of Dental Screening (completed on Dental Screening Form)
As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.
If you should need any help with the registration process, please contact the school. A Data Manager or School Counselor will be glad to assist you!
The information reported in this packet will become part of your child's cumulative school record. Student record information will not be released to third parties or used for purposes other than routine daily and/or emergency contact needs without the knowledge or permission of parents, legal guardians, or students who have passed their eighteenth birthday, except in accordance with the law.
Only a parent or legal guardian may apply for Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools. Proof of Guardianship can include a birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork, or paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.
Remember to inform school staff of any special needs your student may have (504 Plan, IEP, AIG, special health care needs, special education, etc.)
All applications will be processed electronically and checked for accuracy. Any falsification of information may result in your application not being processed and/or denied.
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Pre-K Office
1901 Herbert Spaugh Lane
Charlotte, NC 28208
For Technical Support Contact:
Monday - Friday
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM